This UNIQUE activity was developed to help schools be able to encourage more children to be more active more often, helping them to achieve the recommended 60 minutes of physical activity per day as per guidelines of The Department of Health
Hoopstarz started in 2012 as a spin-off of Tracey’s original business; Kidz R Fit. When she realised the impact her Hoopstarz programme was having on kids she realised that she was onto something really amazing.
Since establishing Hoopstarz as its own brand Tracey and her dedicated team have worked with hundreds of primary schools, thousands of pupils and revolution-ised the way primary school teachers view the humble hula hoop.
The team’s mission is: “To provide an all-round, active and inclusive learning experience to increase self-esteem, independent play and fitness” and so far over the years they have helped thousands of children achieve this!
Hoopstarz is one of the most exciting, unique and engaging activities available for children and you can’t fail to be impressed by the enjoyment it creates and the sense of achievement the children gain from participating. The classes are inclusive, adaptable and suitable for all ages they build confidence and self – esteem and promote the importance of staying fit and healthy.
We use up to date music in the sessions which adds to the atmosphere and makes it almost like a party. There are skills and tricks to be mastered, games to be played and Hula Huts to be built making it a high energy, fun packed session.
The benefits of Hoopstarz to children and schools;
- A fantastic cardio workout (addressing the rise in obesity)
- A great child led activity which the children can use in school playground’s to help achieve their Active 30
- Hoopstarz is not a dance event and is not a traditional fitness event; every child can take part, regardless of age or ability
- Builds confidence and self esteem
- The most difficult pupils to engage in PE can’t fail to enjoy it; we have seen this first hand time and time again
- Children can easily carry on with the activities at home and often teach siblings and care givers; extending the reach of Hoopstarz into local communities
Are you a school which would like to book Hoopstarz?
Have a look at our School’s information page and give us a call on 0191 4387632.