Hoopstarz in Schools
Thousands of primary school children have taken part in a Hoopstarz Day or Hoopstarz Festival; and so many of them have told us it has been the best day they have ever had at school!
Hula Hooping is the star activity and without a doubt it’s the most engaging, heart rate raising and exciting school visit/trip you can offer your children.
Our unique and proven concepts offer alternative opportunities for disengaged pupils and those who prefer non-traditional sports. We guarantee that the kids will have so much fun they don’t even know they’re exercising! Watch our videos to see the looks of glee of the faces of the children (and the staff too!).
The children WILL master the art of Hula Hooping, even if they believe they can’t. The boost to self confidence is immeasurable and lasts long beyond our visit.
A Hoopstarz event is set to the most up to date and motivating music. There are tricks to be mastered, games to be played, Hoop Huts to be built and Hoop Offs to be won!
We believe Hoopstarz is a revolution-ary (pun intened!) way to bring activity into our schools.
Schools have the option of;
- An in-school Hoopstarz Day where we work with every child throughout the day. We give your staff new, easy to implement and sustainable PE ideas. Many of our schools rebook us year-after- year and tell us we are the favourite visitors to school!
- A Hoopstarz Festival where you come along with a number of other local schools, usually with specific year group, and have an amazing day
- We work with primary and secondary schools. (We predominantly work in primary schools with all children between 4-11. However, we would like to work more in secondary schools and proactively and warmly welcome enquiries to work with 11-18s.)
The benefits of your pupils exercising with Hoopstarz;
- A fantastic cardio workout (addressing the rise in obesity)
- A great child led activity for your playground helping towards your Active 30
- Hoopstarz is not a dance event and is not a traditional fitness event; every child can take part, regardless of age or ability
- Builds confidence and self esteem
- The most difficult pupils to engage in PE can’t fail to enjoy it; we have seen this first hand time and time again
- Children can easily carry on with the activities at home and often teach siblings and care givers; extending the reach of Hoopstarz into your local communities
How to fund your Hoopstarz event
We understand that school’s funding has many demands on it which need to be balanced against the benefits of children working with expert, external providers and teachers building new learning and skills into their teaching.
Many of our schools fund their Hoopstarz event via Sports Premium and via working with their local School Sport’s Partnerships. We will chat to you about how to work with us and discuss all of the costs involved.
So many of our schools invite us back year-after-year which we hope demonstrates that affordability is not a barrier to your children experiencing working with Hoopstarz.
How to book
Contact our friendly team on 07762104587 or click here.. Please do leave us a message; we are usually to be found hula-hooping in a sports hall with 100+ kids and not able to get to the phone! But we will call you back as soon as we can.
Please note that we get booked up well in advance and are busy throughout the whole school year and particularly during the summer term.